1. Walk on the beach – There’s nothing like a bracing walk on or near the beach to remind us that Ibiza is one of the most beautiful islands in the world. Breathe in the air, soak up the views and taste the freedom.
2. Watch the sunset – The perennial Ibiza experience and a beautiful way to fully appreciate that time waits for nobody so enjoy it while you can. As we have seen, you never know what’s around the corner.
3. Go and see Es Vedra with your own eyes – It’s big, it’s iconic and it’s worthy of your time. The unofficial symbol of Ibiza has mythical powers that can reduce a grown man/woman to tears (especially after 4 weeks in self-isolation with their loved ones).
4. Have a BIG Party – Nobody puts on a party like the White Isle (sorry Dubai, Vegas and Miami) and the ‘Freedom Party’ is going to be very special. We had the Millennium, we had Space closing but the next one could be the biggest one yet.
5. Keep video-calling friends and family – I don’t know about you but I’ve never been so sociable. Go figure? Amazing technology means we are never more than a video call away from seeing our nearest and dearest. A game changer for the way we live and some of us were too busy to even realise.
6. Keep thanking our health and emergency workers – We always knew they were heroes but never really took the time to acknowledge it. Let’s never forget even when this is all a distant memory.
7. Take the dog on a long walk – Our 4 legged best friends are as restless as we are. That long walk after lockdown in the fresh clean Ibiza air is going to feel sooo good. Fetch!
8. Keep washing hands – Who’d have thought that the best advice to fight a global pandemic would be ‘wash your hands’. So simple yet so important.
9. Visit the supermarket as many times as we want – I used to hate these places but will purposely visit more often when this is all over even if just to thank the staff and remind them of the time they were crowned the real key workers and working tirelessly to feed the islands population.
10. Never take freedom for granted ever again – A bit deep…..but being confined to quarters makes you appreciate the freedom and liberty we have in our normal lives. There are no 2nd chances, time is precious so use it well!
One thought on “10 Things to Do When the Ibiza Lockdown is Over”
You forgot for the single people, go find another singleton and get rid of some of that pent up tension with an intimate, fun, workout.